health and safety
At Process Chemicals it is our intention to establish high levels of health, safety, environmental and quality standards throughout our organisation and worksites. This commitment ensures Process Chemicals is able to meet the challenge of the changing environment and the demands of the industries in which we operate, and the ever increasing focus on improved safety practices, productivity and competitiveness.
Caring for the health and safety of our customers, employees, environment and the wider community drives all of our activities and decisions. Our ultimate goal is to achieve injury and incident free work sites with zero environmental incidents.
Process Chemicals management is focused on developing its business through a continuous improvement philosophy and maintains certification to Australian and international standards:
- AS 4801:2001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems;
- OHSAS 18001:2007 – Occupational Health and Management Systems;
- ISO 14001-2016 Environmental Management Systems.
Process Chemicals has also been recognised for its excellence in occupational health and safety by achieving a WorkSafe Plan Platinum Certificate of Achievement. This is the highest level of certification a company can be awarded. This supports and acknowledges our team’s long term commitment to continually improving and maintaining high standards of Work Health and Safety.
Process Chemicals is committed to conducting all of its operations in an environmentally responsible manner. The Company will plan and manage its activities to minimise disturbance to the environments in which it operates.
To fulfill our objectives, the company will observe all environmental laws and regulations and use all available resources to:
- Identify any possible areas of environmental conflict;
- Integrate environmental considerations into our work planning and operations;
- Assess the potential impact of our operations on the environment;
- Improve our environmental performance and minimising our environmental footprint;
- Rehabilitate the environment affected by our operations;
- Promote environmental awareness amongst management, personnel and contractors;
- Engage the services of expert external personnel to give advice on environmental matters.